Royal Family LIVE: Meghan’s privacy battle escalates with Palace told NOT to delete emails

, Royal Family LIVE: Meghan’s privacy battle escalates with Palace told NOT to delete emails, The Habari News
, Royal Family LIVE: Meghan’s privacy battle escalates with Palace told NOT to delete emails, The Habari News

Court of Appeal judges are considering whether to overturn the decision earlier this year to grant summary judgment to the Duchess of Sussex on her privacy and copyright claims. Emails and texts messages sent within Kensington Palace and Buckingham Palace, between palace staff and the Royal Family, could be searched and included in documents at a future trial.

The Telegraph reports that it is understood staff who worked for the Sussexes have been instructed not to delete any correspondence should searches need to take place.

This week, explosive evidence emerged as messages between Meghan and her former press secretary Jason Knauf were heard at the court.

Mark Stephens, a media law expert and partner at Howard Kennedy, said it was likely emails and texts between members of staff would be searched and produced in court if the case moved to a full trial.

He told the Telegraph: “It’s almost certain that masses of that material is going to have to be searched to look for relevant material.”

, Royal Family LIVE: Meghan’s privacy battle escalates with Palace told NOT to delete emails, The Habari News

But he added: “I think it’s almost a racing certainty that whilst it will be handed over the Mail on Sunday’s lawyers, the judge might put in place reporting restrictions to prevent it being used in news reporting.”

It is part of the process for any party in any court case to be instructed not to delete documents and correspondence.

FOLLOW BELOW FOR LIVE UPDATES ON THE ROYAL FAMILY: