Bobby Flay stocks up on beer with new love Christina Perez after extending his Food Network contract
Bobby Flay celebrated a three-year extension to his Food Network contract by buying beer with his new girlfriend Christina Perez in the Hamptons.
While the couple exited a local supermarket separately, they both spent time together stocking up on items, like milk, flowers and alcohol, inside.
As the two picked up a few essentials ahead of Thanksgiving, the 56-year-old celebrity chef wore a light grey sweatshirt and navy slacks.
Lots to celebrate: Bobby Flay celebrated a three-year extension to his Food Network contract by buying beer with his new girlfriend Christina Perez in the Hamptons
He paired his look with a charcoal grey cap, glasses, white Nike sneakers and a face mask amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic on Tuesday.
Flay’s new love looked effortlessly chic in a light brown jacket, matching beanie and figure-hugging black leggings.
While her man pushed a cart full of at least four bags of groceries, Perez had her hands full with some fresh blooms and miscellaneous items.
The identity of Flay’s mystery girlfriend was revealed to be the Perez, who works as a freelance editor in New York City, very recently.
They were first spotted together at the Breeders’ Cup World Championship earlier this month, prompting fevered speculation into his love life.
The chef and his ex-wife Stephanie March finalized divorce after ten years of marriage in July 2015, following a bitter fight over finances and cheating accusations.
Casual: As the two presumably picked up a few treats ahead of Thanksgiving, the 56-year-old celebrity chef wore a light grey sweatshirt and navy slacks
Like Bobby, she has also been previously married.
Bobby’s last serious relationship was with Helene Yorke that ended in 2019. He was previously married to first wife Debra Ponzek and second wife Kate Connelly.
Last month, it was revealed that the chef wanted a staggering $100M to stay with the Food Network after ending his 27-year partnership with the cable giant.
Looking good: While her man pushed a cart full of at least four bags of groceries, Perez had her hands full with some fresh blooms and miscellaneous items.
And just days ago, the restaurateur finally reached a new agreement after six weeks of negotiations, which, at one point were ‘stalled because the sides were too far apart on financial terms,’ according to Variety.
While terms of the final arrangement were not disclosed, Flay at one point demanded a ‘$100million contract’ to rival fellow cuisinier Guy Fieri’s $80million deal penned in May.
‘We are thrilled to continue Bobby Flay’s long-standing relationship with Food Network. He captivates our audience with his incredible culinary skill, fierce competitive spirit and his trademark ability to share a deep passion for food,’ Courtney White, president of Food Network and food streaming content for Discovery told the publication.
‘Bobby generously invites viewers into his culinary world, sharing his #WeCook philosophy and inspiring everyone in the kitchen. Continuing this creative relationship with such an extraordinary talent is the perfect way to usher in the holidays.’
The ‘exclusive pact’ between Flay, the Discovery family and his Rock Shrimp Productions will keep the chef on TV and up to his 30th anniversary with the company.
Flay acknowledged that there were ‘tense moments and a long pause’ leading up to his decision to stay with the network.
Going strong: the identity of Flay’s mystery girlfriend was revealed to be the writer Perez, who works as a freelance editor in New York City
Running errands together: They were first spotted together at the Breeders’ Cup World Championship earlier this month, prompting fevered speculation into his love life
‘It’s always been my determination to always evolve. It’s part of why I’ve been able to stay relevant in this genre,’ Flay said.
‘I’m going to be pitching a lot of things that we haven’t seen when it comes to this kind of programing. I’m ready to turn the page and create a new chapter of what (foodie TV) is going to look like.’
Sources told PEOPLE magazine in October that Bobby wanted out from the network and it was ‘strictly business’ as he ‘was seeking a deal that would be above Guy Fieri’s recent $80 million contract.’
‘Bobby wanted a contract in the ballpark of $100 million,’ the source said, while an insider close to the network revealed each contract is ‘not apples to apples.’
‘Guy has a three-year deal,’ they added. ‘The terms of what Bobby was looking for were gravely different than just cash. The terms were longer, the scope of work was different and thus the dollars were different. It’s not just $80 million to $100 million.’
Moving on: The chef and his ex-wife Stephanie March finalized divorce after ten years of marriage in July 2015, following a bitter fight over finances and cheating accusations
Despite Flay’s WME representatives refusing to comment due to ‘active negotiations,’ a source close to Food Network told the outlet that a ‘decision has been made to move on as the sides were far apart on financial terms.’
Variety stated at the time that the response given by Flay and his WME reps may be ‘an indication that Flay’s team sees some hardball negotiating tactics afoot.’
Prior to the reported decision, Food Network and Bobby had ‘been in negotiations on a new contract for some time,’ with a source claiming that it was the Discovery-owned who ‘ended the negotiations.’
Bobby most recently signed a three-year pact with Food Network back in 2018, a contract that is set to expire at the end of this year.
Flay has hosted an impressive 16 shows and specials over the duration of his 27 year relationship with Food Network.
Wildly impressive: Last month, it was revealed that the chef wanted a staggering $100M to stay with the Food Network after ending his 27-year partnership with the cable giant
Asking for more: Just days ago, the restaurateur finally reached a new agreement after six weeks of negotiations, which, at one point were ‘stalled because the sides were too far apart on financial terms,’ according to Variety
After garnering acclaim for his New York City flagship restaurant Mesa Grill, Flay was welcomed onto Food Network during its first-ever year on the air in 1994.
Since then, Bobby has appeared in countless programs for the cable channel, with his first being the outdoor barbecuing series Grillin’ And Chillin’ in 1996.
Flay took viewers into his home in 2006 with his series Brunch At Bobby’s, which aired from 2010 until 2017.
He’s also fronted the cooking competition series Beat Bobby Flay, which gives chefs the opportunity to face off with the culinary master. It premiered in 2013 and is currently in its 28th season.
Stunning view: His new girlfriend, Christina, is said to work as a content creator and writer
Glam: Christina has written for titles including Vogue, Condé Nast Traveler, GQ and Elle
Along with from lending his charisma and presence to the networks many programs, Flay has also famously been a contender in the channel’s most cut-throat competition shows, such as Chopped and Iron Chef America.
He’s also appeared on Food Network’s Worst Cooks in America, The Best Thing I Ever Ate, and The Next Food Network Star as a judge-mentor.
Flay’s most recent endeavor with Food Network, titled The Flay List, saw him explore the best of the best that New York has to offer with his 25-year-old daughter Sophie by his side.
The series launched in 2019 and lasted just one season.
Flay’s alignment with Food Network undoubtedly paved the way for him to expand his restaurant empire, as well as to author 15 cookbooks and snag brand deals with the likes of Williams Sonoma.
Bobby made history in 2015 by becoming the first TV chef to earn a coveted star on the Hollywood Walk Of Fame.